Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I love my FAM fam!!!

3rd Day at FAMU
Freshman Week

OMG So much to say....I flew to Tallhassee, Fl with three heavy ass suitcases and rode a taxi all the way to campus BY MYSELF.... Why? You ask? Well because my father's truck broke down...Yep completely stopped a day before he was supposed to take me and my things to FAMU...Sucks monkey butt doesn't it.... Well long story short I made it here and my things will be brought up by my father Saturday( Hopefully). I have MANY things to say about this whole little "situation" but i would be typing until I graduated. So we'll leave it at...I'm here. So how about we make this easy and go over some points I'm sure you wanna know about:

Campus?
Campus is beautiful...It's actually better then I thought it would be...There are lots of nice places to chill(even a bowling ally) There is also this main part of campus everybody hangs out at called the set its always poppin there

My Dorm room/hall:
Wheatley hall is not the best of them all but its definately not the worst its basically pretty clean (except for at night when the bugs come out eeekkk!). The girls in the hall are nice and everbody speaks. My room is great its bigger then I thought it would be and me and my roomate have just enough space to not have to kill eachother over lol. So i think I'll be okay.

My Roomate:
My roomate (we'll call here Lilbit) is really sweet and nice. But its so funny to see us walking together because she is 3 times smaller then me(seriously i can see right over her head lol). But she is cool and she shares lol which is great for me since I have barely anything until next week. So so far so good...I'll keep you up dated on how we get along.

People?
Again EVERYONE is sooo friendly...I think its because its the beginning of the year and everybody is happy to be here hopefully it will last...

Classes?
I don't know my schedule yet but I'll keep ya posted.

Food?
I have a pretty cool meal plan 12 meals a week(2 meals Mon-Fri 1 meal Sat-Sun) and $225 dollars in Flex bucks wich i can use a campus pizzahut , KFC etc... So I think I'll be pretty good with that one...There is a cafe (buffet) and other stuff so I'm cool with that



So thats a lil run thru for you I'm makin it through sofar enjoying lil parties and things like that its really fun watching the frats and Sororities stepping through the crowds at the parties...But of course ever good thing has a dark spot and mine is Financial Aid...Im workin on it though but I am gonna need a BIG LOAN (lol) to halp me out...I am definately scholarship hunting hard for next fall cause this money shit is rediculous
But I will keep yall posted on all the happenings

Takin it all in,
Tay Lin

No comments: